- It is mercifully short.
- 75% of the time, it is the only month with a number of days divisible by seven. This is so useful. If February 3rd was a Friday, March 3rd is also probably a Friday. This is especially useful if you typically don’t know what day it is.
- Snowstorms in February are more exciting, because it seems like February is outside of the typical snowstorm range.
- It is Black History Month.
- There is a long weekend in February.
- People tend to have pretty low expectations for February, so they are pleasantly surprised when armageddon doesn’t turn up.
- Mardi Gras happens! Sometimes! Other times it is in early March.
- People have low expectations because February is pretty much the worst month.
- It has an inconsistent number of days!!
- February weather is the worst. Save for the occasional surprise-february-snowstorm, the weather is grey, chilly, and wet. Wet enough to be miserable, but not chilly enough for the rain to become anything more exciting, and so grey that you want to die.
- Bad things tend to happen in February.
- February is often midterm season for college kids.
- February tends to be the height of Seasonal Affective Disorder, because you’ve been deprived from the healing qualities of sunlight for a really long time by the time February rolls around.
- People are fundamentally unhappy in February. Fuck February