- In acknowledging such a problem, you’re also acknowledging that your life, in general, is pretty good.
- There are totally worse problems to have. (Yesterday I tore my meniscus skiing in the Alps, and so I had to stop skiing in the Alps. #whitegirlproblems.)
- You get to pat yourself on the back for having self-awareness.
- As soon as you identify something as a white girl problem, you immediately feel much better about it.
- You feel silly a little bit. Self-awareness is a double-edged sword, my friends.
- The fact that “white girls” have less severe “problems” than “other people” sort of makes you feel sad about race in America, right? Shouldn’t it just be “privileged and well educated college girl problems” or “girl who has advantages in life regardless of the color of her skin problems”?
- People are less likely to feel sorry for you.
- They’re still, like, problems. (I have to wear a knee brace over my skinny jeans. Seriously. Also I hobble.)