So, it’s december. I go home in a little more than two weeks. But before I do that, I have to participate in the ritual sacrifice that is finals.
I’m lucky that mine are spread out this semester, although I do have to take four of them (which is less than stellar). The first is tomorrow, and then I’m in finals-world until December 20th.
Am I weird if exam week was always my favorite time of the year in high school? We would take a two hour exam, and then go home or visibly fuck around while the middle schoolers were stuck in class. College finals period is even better. I’ve made a pretty intensive study schedule, and there are two whole days on my calendar still marked “hang out and shit”. No classes means that when you’re not studying, your time is your own, and you can pretty much study on your own schedule anyway. No more waking up at 9am. I am actually pleased.
That girl’s rule #4: Look on the bright side.
Anyway, if you’re not excited yet, let me share my finals-sweetening lifestyle tips.
- Eat everything. I stress-eat on the regular, but during finals period everyone is doing it with you. Last week our student government hosted a “Candy Land” event with chocolate fountains and cookie decorating and there were literally hundreds of people eating as much sugar as we could in a short period of time. That’s what you can do over finals, and between mouthfuls of melted-white-chocolate-on-rice-krispie-treat, you can shout “I’M SO STRESSED!” and no one will judge you at all.
- Sleep all the time. If you’re not studying or hanging out with people, you should be asleep. When you’re asleep, your brain processes information. Finals is not a time to be tired, but then again there really is no time when you want to feel tired, is there?
- I think I’m supposed to tell you to exercise. So um, do that.
- Study groups are the best. Gather at a cafe and get some ridiculous chocolate-caramel-marshmallow-cream-latte-with-extra-espresso-and-a-shot-of-rum. Studying with people is thirty times better than studying by yourself. It’s more fun, and for some people it’s better.
- When finals are over you can party. You have to party sort of quietly though, because other people might still have finals. They might poison your food.
That girl’s rule #5: Never trust food from someone taking Orgo. I’m pretty sure they learn how to make poison in Orgo.